Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Delusional


Day 3 or 4 or something?  Not sure how long we’ve been here now but I know I’m tired... and sick :(  My nose is running like a faucet and I haven’t really slept in 2 days because I’ve had a major headache and fever all through the night.  Popping some benadryl tonight and hoping for some good sleep.  
Today we stayed in Old Town Lijiang.  Did some shopping, the Naxi museum, toured the Mufu palace, I held a hawk, Adrienne held a monkey, we had a 2 hour tea tasting session which resulted in us finding this buckwheat tea which literally tastes like Golden Grahams cereal! I AM HAPPY!
Tomorrow is yak day!  Yak meadow, yak on a stick riding yaks in the morning and then the Naxi show in the mountains!  Hopefully it doesn’t pour like it did today but either way it’ll be a good day!  
I can’t wait to get to Lin Cang though.  I get to go see my apartment as soon as we get in on Monday meaning my whole family and everyone else with us gets to see it right away (and I can unload some stuff there).  Tuesday afternoon the kids arrive and camp starts officially on Wednesday morning.  This will be along and exhausting month but I can’t think of a better way to start my year long journey in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment