Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I cannot even express what a boost of mental energy this group has been for me.  Although I'm even more exhausted than I was a week ago, I am having a blast and am enjoying every minute.  I'm catching a cold, but it'll go away soon enough.  Sleep will come in a few days.

I am done with my first semester!  All I have to do is turn in grades and that will only take me a few minutes.  The only obligation I have is dance class on Wednesday and that isn't an obligation at all.  I feel so free!!!! Haha.  It's a beautiful thing.

In the past few days the group, my students and I have done so much it feels like.  We have had shopping adventures, eaten plenty of local food, watched a New Years performance at the lake - Gangnam Style included - and this morning we climbed the mountain in town.  The mountain is about 3,000 steps.  Sitting down right now feels like paradise!



Some of the American girls came to my dance class on Wednesday and we had a blast!  S Club 7 provided us with an adorable jazz song and we did some tap too.  I love being able to dance again!

The lake here is incredible.  I posted pictures on my facebook a while ago but this time I got to go there with my actual camera. It was already dark so I didn't get good pictures of the lake.  When we got there we happened to get to see a huge performance.  The place was filled with locals.  There were lots of traditional minority dances and they even had a huge group do Gangnam Style.  It was fantastic!  After that we walked around the lake.  I managed to get a sweet group picture of every person that came! Self timer rocks!  We have been all about group pictures and I am all for being photographer.  It's so much fun.  My students have opened up so much and it is just getting me even more excited for next semester.










When we came back we saw lanterns in the air, so we bought 2 of them.  Only one worked though, but hey, it worked!  It had Kung Fu Panda on it!  We all signed it and were able to watch it float on into the night.



This morning was the big hike.  We left at 8:30 this morning and got back at 1:30.  5 hours of walking! Almost 3,000 steps up, and back, plus the 20-30 minute walk there.  I can't believe I made it to the top. My legs are going to fall off tomorrow.  One of the guys couldn't come.  He's pretty sick right now.  Yarp for him!  They only have 2 days left here and I hope they can all finish here and travel back in good health.






Tonight we're meeting up for dinner and we're having a big sleepover at their hotel.  I love having them here.

Last thing:  Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see you and spend lots and lots of time with you!  I love you!

Happy New Year everyone.  I couldn't be ending 2012 any better!  I can't believe this is my life.  I am so blessed.  I'll let you know how the first few hours of 2013 go.  Thank goodness we made it this far ;)

2 comments:

  1. Did you know their is a pic if me and my sis in law in this post?? Yes!!! Love you- wish we could have a dance party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUH? You and your sis in law? Like some of the people look like you guys?

      Delete