Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tutor Party

What a great weekend it was.  'A' and I tutor on Saturdays.  We started the last week of August and this week marked our last week until March.  We're sad.  To celebrate, we had both classes come to the farm for games and lunch.  It was so much fun.  We bought some jiaozi, made fruit salad, grilled some veggies, and made some oatmeal cookies.
His reaction to the huge pit between us and the road was hilarious.








Cutest little boy.  The kid is hilarious, and smart.  I saw him riding my bike through town the other day and it completely made my day... until I picked up my package from the post office. 
This is Lucy.  She's the only girl in the older group.  Wears a frilly dress about 90% of the time.  Isn't she adorable?


It was SO cold here on Friday but all weekend we've had beautiful weather.  Thank goodness.  It's going to be weird having free Saturdays (until the afternoon) for the next 3 months.  I love those kids.  I still tutor Thursday & Friday evenings, but I'm on my own.  It pushes my Chinese and requires less prep though.  Free Saturdays hopefully means more adventures.  I'm ready.  My camera needs more use.

This is Grace.  Her mom is the one who opens her home for us to tutor in.  She has the cutest laugh ever. I really, really love this picture (it's my desktop picture actually)!  Love this girl. 
Random news, unrelated to this: I'm finally getting some real language tutoring.  Tuesday night a new friend of mine is coming over to tutor me for 2 hours and then Wednesday I'm getting together with one of my girls in my small group for a while also. Hopefully this happens every week for quite some time. I need it and I really really want it.  I'm so tired of having to say, "Ting bu dong."  (I hear but don't understand).  No more of that.

Also, hand-washing all of the socks you own because you don't want to do a full load of laundry is annoying.  But then your socks smell really good and you feel like you've accomplished something.

Month 6 starts tomorrow!!!!! Crazy isn't it?  Off to do some dishes, return a library book (online), clean this place up, watch a movie and go sleep in my super lovely bed that I adore. Good morning America!

-中国 海莉
-Zhong Guo Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment