Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thankful

Every single day since I've been here I've realized how much I have to be thankful for.  I've said it in short little FB statuses and what not but sometimes that's just not enough.

I have had 3 skype sessions today, texted a very good friend from home, talked w/ Jenny, started a novel w/ another friend over FB... the list goes on.  Basically, I am surrounded by the most incredible people.

I have a family who would do anything for me, even fly halfway around the world to see what I've gotten myself into.
I have friends who are there to skype, text, email, FB, write letters, and whatever other forms of communication are out there.
I have a boyfriend who is way more supportive of me ditching him for a year than I ever thought he could be.
I have a club at home full of 'yarp warriors' who are constantly showering me with words of encouragement and remembering me as they talk to our Father.
I have a surrogate family out here who has let me invade their lives to make mine easier.
I have friends here who are helping me figure out life in a foreign country.

I have the biggest support system anyone could ask for.  A day doesn't go by that I'm not thankful for everything I have both here and at 'home'.

So thank you! For everything.  It makes a massive difference to the girl who has allowed herself to be thrown into a new life 10,000+ miles away from comfort.  I may be on my own as I live in my apartment, but alone is one thing I am definitely not. And even on the days when I can't have contact with the ones that I love, I have a Father who loves me and protects me and makes every second here worth the distance.
(I even have a beautiful cat who meows when I'm on skype!)

No comments:

Post a Comment